Keeping your wedding on a budget can be one of the hardest tasks a bride can face. Especially when things keep popping up that you didn’t know you would have to pay for. We put together a list of some things that are commonly forgotten to add into the budget.
1. Tax and Gratuity for Vendors
2. Postage for Invites and RSVP return cards
3. Cake Cutting Fee – some vendors charge extra to cut and serve the cake (double check in your contract)
4. Dance Floor – it is not uncommon for venues to charge for a dance floor (Make sure you read the fine print)
5. Make up and Hair Trials – you still have to pay the make up and hair artist to do a trial run before the wedding
6. Religious Classes – some Church’s require you to take pre marriage classes before saying “I Do”
7. Church Music – in some cases the Church fees do not include the music. Check ahead of time to make sure you do not have to pay extra for a pianist/organist etc.
8. Dress Alterations
9. Marriage License
10. Food for the Helping Hands – do not forget to add the DJ, wedding planner, photographer and videographer in your final head count. Since these vendors will be putting in a long day and do not have time to run and get food, it is customary to feed them while they are at the wedding.