We’ve reached the half way point of 2011 and we’re jumping for joy that June has finally arrived! My favorite memories of summer are backyard parties and there isn’t anything better than kickin’ back outdoors with good friends, great conversation and a cocktail in hand! Ahh..summer has finally arrived.
As we all know, the weather in Chicago is hard to predict, but outdoor weddings are a big trend in 2011. Our friends at the Knot agree that having a wedding at home is an amazing idea, “an event your family will always remember.” The best thing about having your wedding at home is how personal it can be, but depending on your vision, the final bill may end up costing more due to the volume of rentals you may need. Still, with proper planning, your backyard wedding can be a hit without costing a fortune.
Here are some tips on how to create a one-of-a-kind backyard wedding without breaking the bank.
1. The Decor – Scope out the natural beauty and let your imagination run wild. Draw attention to a beautiful tree by adorning with paper cutouts, rose covered letters and romantic white balloons. No natural beauty in sight? Jazz up any ordinary space with stringed lights, paper lanterns or hanging vases propped with freshly cut flowers from your garden.
2. The Invitation – Having a backyard wedding at home? We love the retro feel and playfulness of nostalgic invites that will give your backyard wedding a charming, homey feel.
3. The Beverages – A backyard wedding isn’t complete without lemonade! Give it an extra kick with personalized signs to complete the look! Any signs will do..print directly off your printer and frame or take it one step further and create your very own chalkboard signs. Carry on your personalized look and print out DIY water bottle labels for a special touch!
4. The Fun – Your wedding is a celebration – a time to party and have some fun!! We love the humor of mustache and lips on a stick! What a fun and inexpensive photo op, sure to bring a smile (or mustache!) to everyone’s face!
5. The Centerpiece – By choosing fruit or paper flowers over fresh flowers and purchasing vases from the dollar store could easily save you hundreds while keeping things chic.
6. The Dessert – You don’t need an expensive wedding cake, you could make cupcakes topped with personalized picks. Not only are they inexpensive and delicious but they’ll also double as favors. And when it comes to baking, there’s nothing better than home made!
7. The Details – We love program fans that not only look good but keep your guests cool on a hot summer day!
Planning a backyard wedding? What inexpensive touches do you plan on creating for your one fine day?